Assistant Store Managers
Our Assistant Store Managers
Our Assistant Store Managers are responsible for assisting the store manager in all aspects of the day to day running and commercial development of a retail store and supporting the development of a high performing store team.
The Management and development of Our People
- Supporting the recruitment process for the store team
- Reinforcing goals and targets to the team
- Ensuring there is a focus on development and training
Setting the highest standards of Customer Service Excellence
- Ensuring that customer is at the forefront of all decision making
- Ensuring that the correct level of stock depth is maintained on the sales floor
- Implementing promotions and window campaigns in a timely manner.
The management of Finance and Sales
- Ensuring growing profitability through effective merchandising and utilisation of selling space/floor area.
- Assisting with the monitoring of sales performance and analysing sales information
- Assisting with the planning, organising and controlling appropriate levels of staff coverage.
Compliance with Asset Protection and Health and Safety regulations
- Supporting the store manager in all systems relating to financial, security and administrative procedures, including regular stock counts in line with company audit procedures
- Complying with company procedures for reconciliation of store takings, security of cash and banking procedures.
- Acting as branch key holder, taking accountability for security of the store premises
- Ensuring the Health and Safety training for yourself and the team is kept up to date.
- Knowledge of the outdoor retail market
- A proven track record of store management at assistant level
- Effective use of merchandising and sales reports whilst maintaining a hands-on approach
- An ability to manage yours, and your teams time effectively ensuring the store remains time and cost efficient
- Good financial acumen, with the ability to read, understand and interpret sales data
- An active interest in the outdoors
Our Benefits Include:
- Generous 25 Days annual leave plus the national Bank Holidays
- Buy and sell annual leave
- Incredible Cycle to Work Scheme
- Company pension Scheme
- Eyecare vouchers
- Long service awards
- Support for Reserve Forces Scheme
- Generous Staff Discount Scheme
- Training Bursaries
- Amazing volunteering opportunities
There are currently no vacancies.