Ski Boot Fitter
Ski Boot Fitter
Ski Boot Fitter
Cotswold Outdoor / Runners Need / Snow & Rock
Contract, Part Time, Full Time
- Application For:
- Ski Boot Fitter
- Employment Type:
- Contract, Part Time, Full Time
- Cotswold Outdoor / Runners Need / Snow & Rock
- Closing Date
- £11.66 per hour
Searching for your next adventure? Looking to join a growing company with great prospects? Then come and join one of the UK’s largest outdoor retailers as a Ski Boot Fitter.
Please note these are fixed term contracts from November 2023 until April 2024 and we have a range of contracts available.
As part of the Outdoor and Cycle Concepts group, Snow + Rock is the well-established snow sports retailer who provides excellent customer service and a range of products from world leading brands, all whilst promoting and encouraging sustainability!
How will you make an impact?
As a Ski Boot Fitter, you’ll use your in depth product knowledge to guide customers when selecting the correct boot before helping to fit and modify the boot and provide them with any additional products they might need for their snow adventure. This includes:
- Carrying out boot fitting appointments for customers looking to purchase new or alter their current boots
- Analysing customers feet and skiing or snowboarding style and recommending appropriate boots based on their ability and foot type
- Making custom foot beds
- Boot stretching
- Custom moulding ski and snowboard boots
- Building relationships with customers through excellent customer service and thorough explanations throughout the process so that the customer understands the sensations and requirements of a good fitting boot
- Although the main part of this job will include boot fitting you will also help customers with purchases throughout the store, deal with customer queries and play a part in keeping the store tidy and well-presented
You’ll fit right in if you have:
- Strong experience fitting ski and snowboard boots
- A passion for providing excellent customer service
- Great communication skills
- The ability to remain patient and calm under pressure
- The drive to continuously learn and help others learn about current and new products in the snow sports industry
If you’re a passionate snow sport enthusiast with less experience we also have opportunities with full training provided.
What’s in it for you?
Colleagues make a company, so we believe in offering a total reward package that’s more than just base salary. As part of the O&CC team you’ll receive:
- Base salary of £11.66 per hour (£9.60 for under 21’s)
- 40-60% discount across our range of products
- Up to 33 days holiday (in proportion with hours worked) with the option to purchase additional holiday
- Company pension scheme
- Access to Perkbox, allowing you to save money all year round. Whether it’s supermarket savings or days out, the daily coffee or a summer holiday – there’s something to suit everyone’s lifestyle.
But there’s more, for a full list of what we offer at O&CC check out our brochure here.
Applications from all genders and backgrounds are encouraged.
O&CC aims to be an inclusive employer, where difference is celebrated, respected, and encouraged. We truly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background leads to a better organisation for our employees and customers, creating a learning environment and organisational culture that leverage diversity, allowing us all to flourish and keep our business growing.